Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has officially launched this year’s Drive For Design contest for current high school students who are interested in automotive design. If you would like to enter, your design must answer a simple question in the project brief:
Ram trucks are like tools. They are designed to serve a specific purpose and/or perform a specific function. Whether it’s for carting around a big family, hauling tools to the jobsite, towing your boat, or delivering packages. Ram trucks are “Built to Serve.” We want to see your vision for a Ram truck of the future. What purpose does it serve?
This year’s contest winners will get a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 for 1st place, 2nd & 3rd place win an Apple iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, and the top three contestants all get the following prize package:
- Three-day/two-night stay in Michigan. Includes flight, hotel and rental car for any winner and their legal guardian who lives more than 50 miles from Detroit.
- Exclusive winner’s dinner with the FCA design team.
- Junior judge participants in EyesOn Design Car Show in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, on June 21, 2020. Includes three passes.
- A Day of Design. A behind-the-scenes visit to FCA’s Design Studios.
- Scholarship to attend the College for Creative Studies Precollege Summer Experience Transportation Design program which runs July 13-31, 2020. The award includes three weeks of faculty-led automotive-design studio class, three transferable college credits, materials, housing, all meals, and activities.
Interested artists have until May 1, 2020 to submit their artwork to the Drive For Design website. All other contest guidelines/deadlines can be found there as well.
Photos courtesy of FCA